Monday, March 15, 2010

Purple and Gray Wedding

The first time I came across an inspiration board, I was awestruck. So many ideas in so many places. So..... I made one last night.

J watched me laughing the whole time - he thinks my slight obsession with weddings is funny. I think he'll thank me later when all of our planning is done before he officially proposes.

Anyway, below is the inspiration board that I made. I have been obsessed with the idea of a deep purple and gray wedding theme. Good for a winter wedding, without the winter theme. I don't really think those colors would work well in a fall, spring or summer wedding because they are very dark. You need a bit of mystery in the air to pull off those colors, and I've always felt that the winter is a bit mysterious. Who knows whats around the corner?



So, what do you think of my first inspiration board?

xoxo,
J


Sources:
Purple purse - www.echicool.com, Purple colour sheet - blog.weddingpaperdivas.com, purple heels - Piperlime/Gap, gray/purple centerpiece - inspirador.files.wordpress.com, bridesmaids dress - www.elisabethhannedesigns.com, gray tux - www.utahbrideandgroom.com, silver and purple bouquet - www.graysflowersandgifts.com, and the gray bridesmaids dresses - random weird address, click to see

1 comment:

  1. This purple and grey themed wedding is looking awesome. Just loved this color combination. Have to arrange my niece’s wedding and thinking of having this theme for the wedding. Floral delivery will be done by Flowers NYC service as they are reputed service providers.

    ReplyDelete