Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rock Candy Centerpiece


Ever since I saw the below picture, I have been obsessed with the DIY aspect of weddings. The ladies at OnceWed.com are amazing, and the rock candy chandelier idea is from them. Look at it:

For instructions on how to make it, go to this link.

Now, what I like even more are the pictures and ideas below that. Imagine a manzanita branch covered in rock candy strings, with soft candlelight underneath.

I think that would be perfect for a winter wedding.

J and I are thinking of a offseason wedding to save money, so to create the romantic atmosphere I have to image things outside of what I usually consider romantic - flowers, outside, nature.

These look beautiful to me.

What do you think?

This wonderful centerpiece from www.etherealdecor.com, but with rock candy instead of crystals. I think the crystal strings are kind of overdone, but I love this idea as the rock candy. It makes it so EARTHY. Like being outside almost for me. And in the winter, if you can create that inside without having to go outside, you've figured it out.

Well, J is trying to figure out why I'm obsessing over weddings today (what/who/how did this happen to me today) so I will give him piece of mind for a few hours. Until I show him some more engagement rings that I like.

Haha.

xoxo,

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment